This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, February 11, 2013

Helaman 5:12


Sisters,
   Upon pondering Helaman 5:12 this past week for our Scripture Challenge Activity, I thought about the great men in the Book of Mormon who fostered access to a greater knowledge by bringing to mind their key spiritual experiences.  Alma fortified and strenghtened his children by reminding them about his conversion experience.  Helaman taught Nephi and Lehi to remember--to remember that it was upon the rock of Christ that they had to build their foundation so the devil would have no power over them.
    We (I) must do the same.  Remembering God helps me to feel and live.  This gives deeper meaning to my life, and my purpose in being on earth at this time.
    I've learned that by coming unto Christ, every soul, (me included), can see, feel, and know of a surety that Christ suffered and atoned for our sins.  He knows how to succor His people, He knows how to succor ME.  Marriage and families that are struggling for whatever reason-- economic challenges, bad media, influences, or family dynamics-- will feel a calming influence from heaven through Jesus Christ.
    It has been comforting for me to "remember, remember" this past week that Jesus Christ is the rock upon which I gain my strength from and upon which I want to continue to build by faith and testimony, my “foundation”  on him, so I  “cannot fall”. 
-- Susan Parker 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Susan. Something that stuck out to me and that I underlined many times was the phrase "I cannot fall!" What a comfort to know that if I build my testimony on the rock of my redeemer, I cannot fall.

    ReplyDelete